Siriraj Scholarship for ASEAN Doctors at Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University Bangkok, Thailand
Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, initiated the declaration by providing scholarships for Doctors from Cambodia, LAO PDR, Myanmar, and Vietnam (CLMV) to train at Siriraj Hospital, this to provided a great opportunity to exchange experiences in educations, research, and public health with many International Medical Institutes, to strengthen and promote the network of medical school in the
1. Providing an opportunity to Doctors from Cambodia, LAO PDR, Myanmar, and Vietnam (CLMV)
which is the member of ASEAN community to attend International Short- Term Training Courses at
Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital.
2. Exchanging experience and knowledge between Thai doctors and International doctors in ASEAN
3. Promoting ASEAN collaboration network
1. This scholarship belongs to Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, providing 10 scholarships to
doctors in CLMV countries:
1.1 Cambodia 2 scholarships
1.2 Laos PDR 3 scholarships
1.3 Myanmar 3 scholarships
1.4 Vietnam 2 scholarships
2. The scholarship is provided for those who wish to attend International Short-Term Training
Courses at Faculty of Medicine, Mahidol University, for a period of 3 months.
3. The scholarship will cover an allowance of 30,000 baht for a 3-month period and Siriraj dormitory.
4. Air fare, living expenses, health and liability insurance and all the other financial obligations are to
be borne by each CLMV doctor.
Qualification of Applicants
1. Graduated with a medical school degree (MD or equivalent)
2. Must be a candidate from CLMV countries (Cambodia, Laos PDR, Myanmar, and Vietnam)
3. Have a good command of English language skills
4. Must be selected by his/her University, Ministry of Foreign Affairs , Ministry of Health and Embassy
1. Application form can be downloaded via: http://www1.si.mahidol.ac.th/ircoe/
2. Personal statement
3. Curriculum Vitae with a recent photo (not more than 6 months)
4. Certificate of Graduation with MD degree or equivalent
5. Recommendation letter from Dean or Director
The application will be reviewed twice a year. Please submit the application form with the required
documents prior to 31 October 2013 for the first round and 30 April 2014 for the second round.