Job advertisement : Project manager for The Training and Research Academic Collaboration (TRAC), Sweden-Vietnam
Position: Project manager for The Training and Research Academic Collaboration (TRAC), Sweden-Vietnam
Duty station: Hanoi, with availability to extensive travelling
Duration: One year with possibility to extension
The Training and Research Academic Collaboration (TRAC), Sweden-Vietnam is collaboration between Karolinska Institutet (KI), Uppsala University (UU), Linköping University (LiU), Umeå University (UmU), Gothenburg University (GU), Hanoi Medical University (HMU), University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City (UMP-HCMC) and Research Institute for Child Health (RICH), National Paediatric Hospital.
The overall objective is to establish a sustainable infrastructure for collaborative research and higher education involving Swedish and Vietnamese partners with the aim to strengthen scientific, administrative, clinical and policy making capacity and promote evidence-based health policy recommendations. The ultimate aim is to develop and foster shared learning and research capacity in order to contributing to better health and poverty alleviation globally. TRAC aims to support the development and implementation of higher education initiatives including new pre- and postgraduate courses, mobility of researchers, teachers and clinicians, student exchange, assessment of needs and demand for competence building, contract education, workshops and conferences. TRAC also aims to build a conductive innovative research environment through a collaborative network including mechanisms for sharing external grants opportunities, PhD and Post-doctoral training, seed-funding for exploration of research ideas, publications in peer-reviewed journals, capacity building workshops and conferences for dissemination of research findings as well as communicative activities for public engagement and dissemination of scientific findings to society. Also to collaborate with Vietnamese Ministry of Health (MoH) promoting evidence-based health care policies and techniques including IT systems for using, storing and transferring patient and research data, quarterly reports on evidence-based medicine, with the ultimate aim to improve health, reduce disease
burden and promote poverty reduction as well as provide a setting for implementation and policy research in large populations. Another aim is to explore opportunities for expansion, geographical and thematically, of the TRAC, including development of new links in Sweden, the ASEAN economic community and globally as well as the inclusion of new subject fields such as medical technology and e-health as well as strengthening links to industry and commerce.
· To assist in coordinating TRAC activities including training and research in collaboration between the Vietnamese and Swedish institutions
· To support and develop TRAC research collaboration with Vietnamese and Swedish researchers
· To obtain and disseminate information about grants open for researchers in the fields of interest for the network.
· To act as a consultant body providing advice and support for preparing and submitting applications.
· To facilitate interaction for grant applications between research groups.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· In collaboration with TRAC partners engage in development of courses including assessment of demand for courses, scope of course, financing, and course preparation.
· Assist in organising think tank meetings with MoH in order to assess demand for policy relevant research as well as communicate evidence based research for policy development.
· Communicate and facilitate relationships with researchers at TRAC partner institutions as well as other universities who are interested in developing research grants and identify possible collaboration possibilities.
· Identify appropriate research grant calls, both Vietnamese and international, through available sources, e.g. databases. through available sources e.g. databases, and disseminate regular updates to TRAC partner universities through e-mail, website, newsletter, seminars, personal contacts etc.
· Develop a good understanding of the procedures and requirements of the major research grant awarding bodies.
· To ensure and keep an up-to-date database of applicable grant calls, grants sought as well as grants held by TRAC member universities that relates to the objective of the TRAC collaboration.
· To communicate open grant calls through e-mail, website, newsletter, seminars, personal contacts etc.
· To work closely with researchers and provide advice on completion of applications.
· To support the preparation of generic sections for inclusion in grant applications, e.g. data management and sharing plans, ethical approval process, public engagement.
· To support the completion of on-line grant applications.
· Maintain a record of submitted grants and outcome including successful grants as examples how to write grant applications.
· Organize meetings, seminars and courses in conjunction with network researchers, e.g. on how to write grant applications.
· Work in close cooperation with the TRAC Administrator/Accountant and the TRAC Officer in HCMC
· The TRAC manager will report to the TRAC Executive Committee and Project Director.
Training and benefits
Training including time at TRAC partner universities will be provided if needed.
The income will be monthly basic plus bonus based on performance.
· At least international master degree, preferably PhD degree in a relevant field including medicine, public health and pharmaceutical sciences as well as other areas related to health and life sciences.
2. Professional Experience
· At least 5 years experience in a research or training structure related to a relevant field including medicine, public health and pharmaceutical sciences.
· Preferred: Documented experience of writing successful grant applications, project implementation, data analysis and scientific reporting including articles.
· Strong English and Vietnamese writing and speaking skills, translation abilities during official meetings.
· Very strong analytical and reporting skills in Vietnamese and English.
4. Required Skills
· Strong sense of diplomacy and social skills.
· Result-oriented, self-starting and strongly motivated, well organized and autonomous.
· Persuasive and persistent, computer competent and outstanding at making presentations.
· Good understanding of program management and Vietnamese institutions.
· Ability to synthesize material to draft high quality notes and informative documents.
How to appy:
Application package should be in English and include:
Motivation letter (one page only)
Curriculum Vitae, including names of 2 referees who may be approached to give their opinion on the candidate’s suitability for this position
Scanned copies of university degrees (undergraduate, postgraduate, etc.)
Deadline of submission: 20th Oct 2015
Interested candidates are invited to send CV and application letter to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line email following this format: Application - Name of position – Your full name.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview. Successful candidates are expected to start working as soon as possible.
Click here to Downloaf ToR