Call for Applications 2016 – 2017: International Master of publish health programme
The Institute of Preventive Medicine and Public Health (IPMPH) – Hanoi Medical University is pleased to invite qualified and interested candidates to apply for a place in the full-time International Master of Public Health program for the 2016/2017 academic year, commencing November 2016.
The program is pleased to offer a limited number of scholarships for international candidates and Vietnamese candidates. Funding for scholarships is from the USAID-funded One Health Workforce Project, part of the Emerging Pandemic Threats Program. It is anticipated that the first intake to the Masters program will include approximately 20 students and that faculty from Tufts University and the University of Minnesota will support the teaching staff from the University.
Training duration: 12 months
Tuition fee: 77.000.000 VND (3,500 USD)
Eligibility and Admission Criteria
Applicants from any country are eligible for the program and should have the following prerequisites:
• A Bachelor’s Degree.
• At least 1 year of work experience in one of the following fields -. medicine, public health, veterinary medicine, environmental sciences or related disciplines. This prerequisite may be waived by the course organisers if applicants achieved a high ranking in one of these related batchelor degrees.
• Proof of English proficiency: TOEFL iBT scores of 70 or more; TOEFL PBT scores of 500 or more, or IELTS scores of 5.5 or more. (Native English speakers do not need this proficiency certificate).
Application for admission
Applicants must submit:
• A cover letter outlining the reasons they want to enroll in the course
• A completed application form
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae
• Notarized copies of academic and other relevant degrees
• A letter from the current or most recent employer to certify work experience (at least one year in the areas stated above) or a request to waive this prerequisite.
• A letter to explain the need for a scholarship (for applicants who would like to obtain scholarships)
• Health certificate
• Official proof of English proficiency as stated above
• 2 current photos (3x4 cm)
(International applicants may submit application by email).
Applications will be reviewed and only those shortlisted will be invited for interviews.
Scholarships are open for competition to all international and Vietnamese applicants admitted to the International Master of Public Health program.. Scholarships will be awarded based on academic merit and need of the applicants.
Enrollment fee: 20 USD (Applicants may pay cash or make wire transfer at the time of submitting the applications)
Deadline for academic application : 02 June 2016
Deadline for scholarship application : 15 June 2016
Notification of interview : 29 July 2016
Interview appointments : 12-13, August 2016
(Online interview for international students)
Notification of admission : September 2016
Notification of scholarship : September 2016
Deadline for confirmation of acceptance by candidate: 14 October 2016
For more information on the International Master of Public Health at Hanoi Medical University, please contact:
Coordination Office for the International Master of Public Health Programme
Institute of Preventive Medicine and Public Health - Hanoi Medical University
Address : 01 Ton That Tung, Dong Da, Hanoi, Vietnam
Phone : +84 4.385223798 (134)
Email : email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here more detail